Friday, December 18, 2009

Atomic Holiday Bazaar

Sunday was the Atomic Holiday Bazaar and, as usual, it was heaps of fun. I didn't do quite the business that I did two years ago, but economic times are different, of course, and all us crafters noticed that it was a bit less busy than before. I got lots of positive response to my work, though, which is more than half the fun. People seemed especially fond of my pooping balloon dog, and that was the card design that I sold the most copies of.

I shared a table with Nelani, who runs the Dr. Awkward Store on etsy, and we had a great time watching the DJ dance the whole time he was mixing the music. Dude really loves his job! What was funny was that we both thought it finished at 5, when in fact it was done at 6, so at 5:15 we were wondering why noone was breaking down their booth. Duh!

I was good and only bought one thing there, though there were so many amazing artists it was hard to not spend all my cash before the doors even opened. I don't know where I'll be next year at this time, but if I'm in Sarasota I definitely want to do it again.

There was a photog running around snapping shots, so hopefully I'll have some pictures to share soon.

Now, back to bed, as I had so much fun I decided to celebrate by getting sick soon after.

No comments: